Task 1 – Healthy meal for my family
(This activity should take several hours to complete).
Use your knowledge of healthy eating (from the healthy bodies’ topic and diet and digestion topic) to:
- Plan a healthy meal – you can use recipe books and the internet to find recipes.
- Make the meal with your family.
- Take a photo or draw the meal and analyse the nutritional content – label the main nutrients contained in the foods (you can look at food packaging and the internet to help) and why the nutrients are important for the body.
- Get feedback from your family – did they enjoy your meal?
- How could your meal be adapted for someone who wanted to reduce the fat in their diet?
- What skills have you used to plan, make and analyse your meal? (What science and food skills did you use? Have you used any additional skills?).
- Evaluate your meal – what went well? Even better if?
Task 2 – Atoms, elements and compounds
Complete the questions using prior knowledge – then use websites to help.
Complete the word search after answering the questions.
Task 3 – Forces
- Distance-Time graph activity – cut out the graphs and descriptions. Match the correct graph and description and stick them onto paper.
- Complete the ‘Changing Speed’ sheet.
Task attached below in Word and PDF Format