Task 1 – Healthy meal for my family
(This activity should take several hours to complete).
Use your knowledge of healthy eating (from the healthy bodies’ topic) to:
- Plan a healthy meal – you can use recipe books and the internet to find recipes.
- Make the meal with your family.
- Take a photo or draw the meal and analyse the nutritional content – label the main nutrients contained in the foods (you can look at food packaging and the internet to help) and why the nutrients are important for the body.
- Get feedback from your family – did they enjoy your meal?
- What skills have you used to plan, make and analyse your meal? (What science and food skills did you use? Have you used any additional skills?).
- Evaluate your meal – what went well? Even better if?
Task 2: Designing an animal – animal adaptations
Design an animal that is adapted to live in desert conditions.
See the Task 2 sheet for details.
Task 3 – The eye
Label the eye and answer the questions.
Complete one of the activities.
Activities below in Word and PDF format.